Last Updated: May 1, 2013
- Background Notes - U.S. Department of State
- BBC News: Country Profiles
- World Leaders - Central Intelligence Agency
- Europa World Plus
- International Year Book and Statesmen's Who's Who. Latest in Ref JA51.I57
- Statesman's Year-Book. Latest in Ref JA51.S7
- World Factbook- Central Intelligence Agency
- Print volume also available: Latest in Ref G122.U56
- The World Today series:
- Africa. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (DT1.A372)
- Canada. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (F1001.C1225)
- East and Southeast Asia. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (DS502.H53)
- Latin America. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (F1401.L3252)
- The Middle East and South Asia. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (DS44.C55)
- Nordic, Central, and Southeastern Europe. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (DL1.N67)
- Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (DJK1.R87)
- Western Europe. Latest on Ref Bookcase 5 (D901.W47)
- Country Studies, The Library of Congress - Most of these studies were published between 1988-1998, although a few have been updated. They offer historical information and perspective.
- Human Development Report - Includes country profiles, human development indicators (HDI), as well as regional and and national reports.
- SourceOECD is the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's online library of statistical databases, books and periodicals. Access is restricted to Wright State students, faculty and staff.
- Transparency International - TI and TI-USA publish a range of research and analysis on corruption, including public surveys, country and sector-specific studies and white papers on select policy issues. They also publish the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) to measure perceived levels of public corruption in 176 countries.
- World Bank - The World Bank's Data and Research page provides access to national and international statistics, global statistics programs, as well as cross-sector and cross-country research from the World Bank.