Last Updated: May 1, 2013
The biomedical Engineering Network provides a convenient overview of jobs, academic opportunities, grants, conferences, societies, and new developments in biomedical engineering. BMEnet is updated once a week.
- Bad Human Factors Designs
Bad Human Factors Designs is Michael Darnell’s scrapbook of commonly encountered bad designs. Michael provides a fascinating, illustrated commentary of bad designs and their influence on everyday lives. This is a good site to review for design improvement project ideas.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (WOS-SCI)
An international interdisciplinary index. OL-FindIT links to full-text.
- Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
Includes full-text of select STEM publishers and some professional associations.
Covers psychological literature on human perception and behaviour. OL-FindIT links to full-text.
Covers a variety of biomedical topics. Links to full text provided if accessed through the University Libraries' web site.
more biomedical, industrial, and human factors engineering databases
- OhioLINK Electronic Book Collection (EBC) - A scholarly collection of electronic books.
- Safari Books Online - A collection of online books covering software help manuals. Includes books from O'Reilly, Sams, Microsoft, Que, and others books. Topics include artificial intelligence, computer science, IT management; software engineering, and much more.
- EBSCO eBooks - Electronic collection covering a broad array of topics
Biomedical Engineering Society; dedicated to promoting biomedical engineering knowledge and applications.
International Council on Systems Engineering; develops, nurtures, and enhances interdisciplinary approaches to system development and the realization of successful systems.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
Promotes the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design of systems and devices of all kinds.