Last Updated: May 1, 2013
- MIT Open Courseware (Mechanical Engineering)
- MIT Open Courseware (Materials Science)
The MIT Open Courseware project contains undergraduate and graduate MIT course material. Use MIT OCW material to supplement your own course activity.
ThermoDex contains records for selected printed and web-based compilations of thermochemical and thermophysical data for chemical compounds.
- Materials Algorithm Project (MAP)
MAP is sponsored by the National Physical Laboratory and the Phase Transformation Group of the University of Cambridge, UK. MAP is a central distribution point to validate and test algorithms used in modeling materials.
Indexes literature in materials science and mechanical engineering with links to some full-text.
- Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
Includes full-text of select STEM publishers and some professional associations.
- Science Citation Index
Includes literature in materials science, mechanical engineering and related disciplines. Traces citation patterns. Links to some full-text.
more mechanical engineering and materials science databases
- OhioLINK Electronic Book Collection (EBC) - A scholarly collection of electronic books.
- Safari Books Online - A collection of online books covering software help manuals. Includes books from O'Reilly, Sams, Microsoft, Que, and others books. Topics include artificial intelligence, computer science, IT management; software engineering, and much more.
- EBSCO eBooks - Electronic collection covering a broad array of topics
- ASM International
ASM International serves practicing engineers, researchers, students, and industry specialists. It publishes handbooks and other research tools and provides training opportunities for its members.
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
The ASME publishes, sets standards, and provides conferences and courses worldwide. IT fosters technical competency and professional quality through accreditation.
- Materials Research Society
The MRS fosters research leading to technological uses of materials. It stresses interdisciplinary approaches and cooperation among all types of research centers.
- ASTM (American Society for the Testing of Materials)
The ASTM is a source of voluntary consensus standards and technical information.