Run a search on a topic of your choice in Google Scholar. Look at the first 20 results (first 2 pages).
1. Try searching your topic in natural language (that is, either as a longer phrase or as a question).
Are the results useful?
Why do you say that?
2. Try searching the same topic but use only the key concepts as opposed to natural language.
Are the results more or less useful than your question or phrase search above?
In what way?
3. Where did Google get these search results? (answers might include publisher, scholarly archive or self-archiving site, a research networking site, other. If other, can you determine what it is?)
4. Is access available from the WSU Library for most of these?
5. What types of sources are these? (journal article, book, report, thesis/dissertation, etc.)
6. Are these sources trustworthy or reputable? How do you know?